RZ Talk
RZ Talk
RZ Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Electric cars

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuck
RZ Customizer
Chuck

Electric cars Empty
PostSubject: Electric cars   Electric cars Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:07 am

do you imagine yourself owning one? will this be a part of our future? do you think that in 10 or so years every household owns a piece?! in berlin, almost every car i see are electric-powered and the air is so fresh and clean, i almost wish i lived there!
Back to top Go down
Meagan
Administrator
Meagan

Electric cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric cars   Electric cars Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:19 am

I've read a few articles about Electric Cars, and yeah, its definitely going to be a part of our future. What made people love it so much is the fact that its nature-friendly, no combustion, and no exhaust. It could help save/preserve our environment.

Do you think we can race electric cars? hmm... I need to do more research on this. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chuck
RZ Customizer
Chuck

Electric cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric cars   Electric cars Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:21 am

how about an electric chevy? LOL
Back to top Go down
Meagan
Administrator
Meagan

Electric cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric cars   Electric cars Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:55 am

Yes there is an electric chevy model. The Chevy Volt

Quoted from their website:

Quote :
The Extended-Range Electric Vehicle that is redefining the automotive world is no longer just a rumor. In fact, its propulsion system is so revolutionary, it's unlike any other vehicle or electric car that's ever been introduced. And we're making this remarkable vision a reality, so that one day you'll have the freedom to drive gas-free.

Chevy Volt is designed to move more than 75 percent of America's daily commuters without a single drop of gas.(2) That means for someone who drives less than 40 miles a day, Chevy Volt will use zero gasoline and produce zero emissions.(1)

Unlike traditional electric cars, Chevy Volt has a revolutionary propulsion system that takes you beyond the power of the battery. It will use a lithium-ion battery with a gasoline-powered, range-extending engine that drives a generator to provide electric power when you drive beyond the 40-mile battery range.

Chevy Volt. Fully charged 2010.

more info from this site

Its a "basic" car designed to cater the needs of daily commuters. The thing with electric cars is that, it mainly depends on battery life, so the distance that your car would cover depends on how long the battery could last per mile.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta
Global Moderator

Electric cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric cars   Electric cars Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:18 pm

I like the idea of the electronic car, its eco-friendly and would mean less consumption of the oil that seems to be depleting. If it comes within my reach, I'll definitely pick one over a regular car. Hopefully though, a model comes out that's fast and efficient!
Back to top Go down
Mustango
RZ Customizer

Electric cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric cars   Electric cars Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:28 am

I don't think an electric car can run as fast. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Atlanta
Global Moderator

Electric cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric cars   Electric cars Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:42 pm

Right now, they're not as fast, but hey if we can invent video phones, there will come a time when electronic cars can go from 0 to 100 in 8 seconds or less. Don't you think?
Back to top Go down
SEGAGIGA
RZ Customizer
SEGAGIGA

Electric cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric cars   Electric cars Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:26 am

There is still an issue when it comes to recharging them.
Just imagine getting "batt empty" and the nearest recharge station is miles away.
You can't just carry a spare battery with you like with most portable gadgets.

I think we're still a long way off to having full EV's, Hybrids that uses alternative fuels would be more practical.

Right now the people at Shelby Supercars is claiming their car the Aero, can do 60 mph in 2.5 seconds, has a top speed of 208mph, lasts 150-200 miles on a single charge and has a recharge time of only 10 minutes! This kind of technology if it does exist is not feasible for the mass market yet but imagine if everyone has one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Electric cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric cars   Electric cars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electric cars
Page 1 of 1